Citywide Storage Tips
• Use furniture pads or plastic covers for sofas, chairs, mattresses, etc.
All items available at Citywide Self-Storage.
• Place frequently used items near the door and leave a path to the rear of the space.
• Leave an open-air space around the outside of your unit to aid in ventilation.
• Use the inside of appliances and dressers to store things.
• Store sofas and mattresses on end using a pallet.
• Pack books in small boxes for easier lifting.
• Store mirrors and pictures on edge–never flat.
• Use wardrobe boxes for storing clothing, and put shoes on bottom.
• Always drain all gas from lawn and garden equipment prior to storage to avoid corrosive damage.
• Use furniture drawers to hold delicate items. Wrap them in bubble wrap or newspaper.
• Be careful not to store anything combustible (such as paint and chemicals) or perishable (such as food that is not permanently sealed).
• Use trashcans to store shovels, rakes and other lawn equipment.
• When storing delicate heirlooms, use specially constructed boxes, such as wardrobe boxes, and utilize dehumidifiers to prevent mildew build up.
• Break down items (such as table legs) and store large furniture (like tabletops and sofas) on end to save space.
• Use protective covers.
• When storing business files, label all boxes and construct aisles so files are easily seen and accessible.
• Drain Washer and fill pump with antifreeze.